Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Pidge Scarf

I am reading people talking about this scarf everywhere. Many needle knitters have been trying to figure out what stitch was used to make this scarf. I have read all kinds of interesting ways they think this scarf is made.

It is hard to believe that none of them checked out the rest of the site. It was one of the first things I did. I wanted to know about the site, the people, and any extra info on these scarfs. I thought it would help me understand that out of this world price they are charging for these simple, little, short, I don't contain much scarves. That lead me to the "About" and the pictures of the "knitting boards" being used. Naturally since I do board knitting it wasn't hard for me to figure out.

So here it is folks, it is a knitting board being used, not a knitting needle. You can accomplish that stitch on a needle though by using the twisted knit stitch, but you are not going to get that same thickness unless you double knit the scarf. That is not impossible, but I wonder if you could get that wonderful slanted look doing needle double knitting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

Yep... I told them on Ravelry.. even let them know how to do it on needles and knitting board.. heheh
Silly needle knitters..

2:40 PM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

I told on one forum and got "but is this really hand knitting". ROFLOL

Just different tools same old knitting. I think I will post about that.

5:34 PM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I have to say we are all wasting our talents, whew!!! what a price do you really think they're selling them. I mean it looks like a neck warmer??!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

ROFLOL, it is a neck warmer. A simple figure eight on a board neck warmer. Oh with buttons. They do use a bit more expensive yarn and the buttons are wood but it is still a neck warmer.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home