Monday, March 26, 2007

My Html Class

I was getting really excited about another class at the college due to start in just another week. I signed up for the html class and had been studying a small online class to start me on the road to learning this.

I am so disappointed. There was a call from the college on Friday afternoon while I was gone. The class had only two people sign up. I was one of those two, so they canceled the class. Bummer, can you say SAD, can you say BUMMER, I sure can.

So looks like I am going to be taking the time to do more of this learning all on my own. I have several html books and I have a basic start. So starting over the next few days I will sequester myself, in an area where no one can get to me, with my little laptop and start from the beginning of the book. I figure if I have questions about something the Internet is the best learning tool beyond having a teacher there to explain stuff. Besides, there isn't very often the teacher is around, the Internet is always there (well with the exception of power outages, downed ISP's, and those occasional DOS attacks {denial of services attacks}). So I can live with that. I just prefer to be in a classroom where you have the benefit of the learning of an instructor.

Oh well, I have to look on the bright side. This just saved me $362.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always good to look at the silver lining. If we focus on the positives in life we are a bit happier.

I have an HTML book that I just love--it is easy to understand. It is HTML for the World Wide Web by Elizabeth Castro (4th edition). I bought this book as a recommendation from a professor (he said it was the best book ever written on the subject).

Good luck with your learning :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

Thanks for the information about the book. I have searched and found for a very reasonable price the fourth and fifth editions. Told hubby I was checking them out and for the prices he said get them both, who knows which might be better. For just over $12 for both with shipping, I did.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home