Sunday, May 20, 2007

Marudia

Some wanted to see the stands I am building. Well the first is the hand held piece. This one will have notches around the different edges to lock the threads into. The hole has been cut and a slight bit of sanding done to the center hole but beyond that not much has been done to it.

As you can see from these next ones this will be a small table top Marudia stand. Just a little bitty thing. It will sit on a TV tray so that it is at a nice level to sit and braid with.

You can see where the sanding has been started but I haven't worked much on it. The holes you see around the top will have a plug put into them. The top was the bottom of this little stand. When you look at the picture where you can see the bottom of the stand you can see it had a huge hole in it. So I had to take the bottom off and turn it around to make it the top of the piece. Then there was solid piece that the hole for the braid could be drilled out. Good thing the hubby has nice equipment for drilling those holes. It only took him a few seconds to drill out that center hole.



I haven't yet found the right thing to plug the holes with but I will do that when I can. I am always keeping my eye out for the right pieces in anything that I do. Once this has been sanded to smooth then I plan to varnish it again.
As you can see it will be some time yet before these are finished.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

It's looking great! Thank-you for sharing the pictures. I just love it when someone can take something and make it into something different from that same item.

I have always believe that people that can do that are special. A higher thinking type of way.

Thanks again for sharing the pictures. I can't wait to come back and read more.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home