Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is it True?

My brother sent me this and I haven't researched the exact numbers but I do remembering listening to the radio news telling me about the new "high" unemployment rates, I do know the higher prices of gas, the failure of the housing industry, see what is happening with stocks and mutual funds (getting personally zapped in that mutual fund area and listening to some saying we need to increase that zapping of what little I do have).  I know what I thought when I read this all put together.

THINK ABOUT IT!


for a sanity check

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.



Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we've seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate

(stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.



America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!



Be careful what you vote for in November, you might get it again!



Can you afford it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home