Sunday, May 14, 2006


A cat with a cat. Oh the picture of the cat chair isn't so great but I had to get one with this cat in it. He is a big cat but not as big as he is now. He was about a year old in this picture and now he is several years old and much, much bigger. In fact he is our largest cat weighing in at over 20lbs. Not the biggest ever, but no small guy either.

His name is Morty and he has lately started to be a pain to me. He is my husbands cat and he sleeps with him, us and is so spoiled that it makes the little I spoiled my children seem like they were not one bit spoiled. This cat gets special food (under the guise of dietary, to slim him up, which it hasn't), sits on the hubbys lap to eat out of a bowl placed on the chest. He even gets his water that way. Talk about a rotten cat. He will pout on those nights that the hubby is so tired all he wants is sleep and refuses to play the nightly game. Oh those down turned ears and that look while Morty sits on the edge of the bedroom chair crying with such a pity me sound. Yes, spoiled.

Now we come to why he is such a pain to me. Morty has decided that there should only be two people in the bed, himself and my husband. So for the last couple of nights, after I am asleep, he proceeds to try to muscle me out of bed. He even attacked my foot night one night. Oh this is so not going over very well. I am a mover and I never stay in one spot at night. So when I move a bit Morty jumps, yes jumps into the spot I just vacated and then uses his feet, all four of them, to push on me. Oh this is not fun, but sometimes funny, as I get up and throw him to the other side of the bed, but he is back in seconds. If I get up, I come back to find him spread out across the entire center area where I lay. Boy can that cat spread.

This is not going to happen. I told the hubby if he wants to keep his cat in the room at night he will have to control him or out he goes. I was there first and I will be there in the end. I am much more stuborn then any old cat, and I am also meaner. ROFLOL Humm, maybe taking pictures of him made him think he is the star, but it doesn't matter to me, it's my bed and I intend to keep my place in it, spoiled cat or no.

Well, I started a baby ghan on a CinDWood 36" S loom in the criss cross stitch that makes the waffle look. It is barely out the bottom of the loom so it is hard to see much of it, but I think it is going to work ok as long as I don't blow the wrapping of this pattern. It is much more difficult to wrap this stitch on the board because of the curving of the loom and the variance in the pegs. Some pegs are close and some further apart and that make wrapping these two rows very difficult, but not impossible. I keep getting to the end of a row and finding that I am not finishing up right. Then it is pull the row to see where the mistake was. It is usually where the pegs come the closest to each other, I will skip two pegs instead of one for the wrap, and that throws the whole thing off.

Still if I can keep going catching those wrong wrapped rows before knit off I will just have to take a little longer in the finish time for this one, not that I worry about being fast, I don't. I am using one strand of a baby yarn in that criss cross wrap and am getting a very lacy looking piece. I like so far how it looks. It will be a very summer type of ghan and since the baby is due in July this is good.

No pictures yet, there isn't even enough out the bottom of the board to take one that you could see, but in a week or so there could be. It just depends on how much time I get to work on it. Not much today I can say. I have some stuff for work to do so that I am ready for payday tomorrow and not have to put a rush job on tomorrow morning. Yes I know it's mothers day but I am a mother, I can do what I want today, can't I? Then there is that sweaping and mopping that I need to do. Yuck, the things I hate the most I need to just do to get out of the way, now. Then later can be a better day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

Wow, that is very neat looking. I love the cat with a cat chair! That's some really nice work!


Dora Renee' Wilkerson

4:05 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

That is hiliarious!!!! Ya give a cat an inch, they take a mile!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

Thanks, those chairs are fun once they are done but such a pain to make. I mean that in a literal sense. They are extremely hard on the back. The polycord is also a bit of a pain to use but works the best.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

Deb,

I have finally gotten the cat to understand that it is my bed and I am staying. Now he is just getting between me and the hubby and laying on the bed propping his front on the hubby's back. He lays this way giving me that "What are you going to do about this look". It's the hubby's back, let him do something. ROFLOL

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home