Thursday, May 11, 2006

Waffle, Stockinette, E-wrapped Stockinette




Ok three more swatches. As you can see I put the names on the swatch so you don't have to guess which is which. The waffle or criss cross stitch gave me such fits. Frogged it over and over till I finally got it, and then only because Bety explained a tip she has for remembering what row you have just finished. I just kept loosing my place, oh and yes I was marking down the rows, I still got lost. ROFLOL

Now the Stockinette stitch is really nice. I have used that one a lot, but the e-wrapped stockinette swatch was the first time I have wrapped using that. For that e-wrapped stockinette you have that very nice slight slant to the stitches that is seen in all e-wrapped single rake projects. I like it. I think it adds a level of interest to the way the swatch looks.

I have one more swatch where I tried the purl as it is done on a single rake. I will get a scan later, but I have to say right now, I don't like it. Not one little bit do I like it. It is the ugliest thing I have done on a board.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home