Saturday, April 22, 2006

Elongated Stitch Hat



This is just a little hat done from a stitch in the book Knitting Wheel Fashions. Beyond this stitch there was nothing in the book worth my having purchased it. Oh well, sometimes we win sometimes we loose. This book would be for the beginner beginner. The total novice to looming would have a ball with it. I believe that I have advanced a bit beyond the scope of this one. For the most part there are free patterns available though sites on the web and in groups that make the pieces in this book extremely basic patterns.

This stitch though has possiblilites. I didn't follow the pattern in the book, changed yarn, did my own thing in rows, and didn't add as many strands of yarn as the pattern calls for because I really wanted to see what the stitch was going to be like.

So here it is.

I am now trying one in a plain white yarn adding a strand of red fun fur for the cuffed brim and two strands of the fun fur for the body. Oh I did do their cast off which is the one in groups that has been going around for quite awhile. You know the one where you decrease around the loom before the gather. I have tried this before and I like it just as little now as I did the first time I tried it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home