Thursday, May 25, 2006

Knit 2 Purl 1

The Knit 2 Purl 1 with the twist is done with the e-wrapped stitch. You wrap two pegs on the knit row, then go to the purl row wrap skip one peg e-wrap the next peg. This will give a slight slant to the look of the stitch.

I like this one better the the next stitch.

I turned the loom upside down to take this picture. As you see the knit row is at the top of the loom and the purl at the bottom. I actually find it easier to wrap the K2P1 with the knit row at the bottom of the loom.

Here you have the pegs for the knit row wrapped with out the twist of the e-wrap. In order to do this one you simply wrap around both of the pegs that are on the knit row, then go to the one peg that will be the purl and wrap around it. Do not e-wrap, just go straight around the peg.



Here is a side view of the non-twisted wrap. You can see at the top of the picture how the two knit pegs are wrapped. Again I turned the loom upside down to take the picture. I wrap with the knit row at the bottom and the purl row at the top. Do what is easiest for you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mary Jeanne, for posting the stitches.
Graciela

7:32 AM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

You are quite welcome. I am going to take time later today to update the photos with easier to read words. I will use a different program (which I should have used first).

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a goddess mary jeanne and i am happy to worship at your feet. Will i ever become proficient i sometimes wonder but you are my inspiration! Jacqui in Oz.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

Jacqui, ROFLOL, of course you will, and then you will be helping me learn something new.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home