Thursday, December 14, 2006

My tree is no more

Remember the photo I posted of a bunch of trees where I said the one in a corner was the blue spruce at the corner of the house. Well, here is a cut version of that tree.



Now here are a couple of pictures of that tree after the very high winds we had today. Bummer, she decided to lay down.



Here you can see that she barely missed the trash can, and that black thing at the top of the phot is our composter, missed that also. My hose is wrapped in roots, and that upside down container is my hubbies mix his dirt for his bonsi's thingy. He does all this sift and sift and sift some more till the mix is so fine and just right for his plants. That thing off to the side is an old piece of large sewer piping. It has been cut for placement around my rose bush to protect it from the wild lawn mower. Wow, I think it needs to be painted again.
Look the roots are all broken and ripped from the ground. What a sad affair. These trees are so slow growing and this one has been around for a while. I will miss it.

We really did luck out though. If she had gone down in the other direction she might have taken out the power lines and the cable lines. When she was planted there was no way she could have done that. Then the stupid power company came along and moved the lines right next to her. Well, that's one less thing to worry about.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home