Saturday, April 19, 2008

Angry at Yahoo

I am so angry.  I got an email a couple of days ago that was spam.  The problem is that this piece of spam was sent to my yahoo mail address from my yahoo mail address.  I DID NOT spam myself.

I sent the email along to yahoo asking them to check into this.  I have yet to even get an email back from them saying they are looking into it.  Yahoo sucks at this point.  You all, at least all who have used yahoo, know that they are so bad about taking care of problems.  Now I guess they are bad about even letting you know they got your request for help.

So what brings this up now.  Well, I just got another email from address to my address and it is in my bulk box.  In order to stop these spam message I must block my own address.  I really hate this.

I didn't want to have to change email address but now it looks as if I am going to have to do just that or suffer the want for being able to email my online friends.  I already have at least two different companies banning me as a spammer.  I have not spammed anyone, ever.  This just sucks.

So if you have emailed me and think that I have just not contacted you back, believe me I have tried.  I cannot even email my own Charter account from my yahoo account as Charter lists me as a spammer.  I hate this.  This so interrupts my life.  I am going to have a bit of work changing all of this and dropping an account  have had for many years.  Bummer.

As soon as I get the new address and work this out, I will let those I need to know the new address.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sick Chick said...

That's not Yahoo's fault, it's a common spam trick called "Spoofing" where a spammer sets YOUR return address as if it was their address, so that it gets through your spam filters. (Well actually spoofing has been around before spam filters.)

What *really* sucks is when a spammer spoofs your address and then spams hundrends or thousands of *other* people -- you then get the rejectionnotices in YOUR mailbox and the spammer gets off free. Happened to me last week and really clogged up my inbox with several hundred of those a day on top of my usual 3-400 spam :(

Sorry, I know it sucks to deal with :(

2:25 PM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

That is what is happening. I am mad at yahoo because they take no interest in their long term users, not even enough to bother to return an acknowlegement of message received. It would be better if they even just bothered to say get lost, instead of treating you like a nothing.

With full headers they should be able to track down the person and stop them.

I am looking around for another service now.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home