Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Round wedged piece

I have gotten to the last two rows of the wedged piece. I find that I cannot count. ROFLOL, I have either 1 extra or am missing 1 stitch. So now I have to figure out just how I want to play this out.

First I am going to try adding a stitch. There is one peg left I can use, but if that doesn't work, then dropping the end stitch is possible. Now to just work it out, but that is for later. Then on to the first change in colors for the wedges. I am still trying to decide if I want to go straight to the blue/green yarn, or add a different color first. One thing is for sure, I have read others having to use the shortrow wraps, but I did not and I do not see a problem with this yarn at this point.

Back to the new purple loom with one strand of worsted yarn with a 1/1. All I have to say is, YUCK. This is awful. Maybe two strands but that puts you right back to the large gauged looms, well with a little less stranding between pegs, but not much.to say is, YUCK. This is awful. Maybe two strands but that puts you right back to the large gauged looms, well with a little less stranding between pegs, but not much.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found that 1 strand of Lion Brand Wool-ease Chunky works great--but you have to use the Knit Stitch, the e-wrap single stitch is too loose even for the chunky. I was a bit disappointed too, but the pegs are sure nice and smooth! I think they should change the pegs of the other looms.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

Yes, I would think a different stitch with worsted would work ok also. Like doing a 1/2, 1/3, or 2/2, but the 1/1 is not good. I would have to try it to know for sure.

Yes the pegs are really nice and they should use these on their other looms.

Too bad they didn't choose to use the smaller pegs so they could get them a bit closer, but then again, I am not fond of the smaller pegs as they are too short.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If CinDWood can use nice, capped pegs and get them 1/2" apart, then Provo, as a much larger company presumably with many more resources, should be able to do it. But apparently not, which is why I'm sticking with Cindy for round looms.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home